Collin's Kids, David Bennet Foundation, Helping Kids in Horry County.
- Danielle Duncan and her Mom Susan were presented with a van at halftime of CCU's Big South Championship clinching victory over Charleston Southern in November, 2006. Another van was given to Lakesha Player and her son David, who was 3 at the time.
- The foundation helped to provide a rental car for one week for Tara Gowan, who needed to see a specialist in New Jersey. The family car was not road worthy of such a trip, and our help made the trip possible.
- Mojave and Yasmine Johnson (Conway Elementary School 1st grader and Kindergartner) and family were burned out of their home last winter. We helped feed and shelter them at the Conway Motor Lodge for a week while we aided in securing them another home to rent. We also paid the deposit for the rental home, gathered used furniture, clothing and other necessities along with a microwave and washer/dryer.
- Collin's next door neighbor Jake Mimnaugh, a fourth grader at Conway Elementary school is autistic. Collin had befriended him and would ride him around the neighborhood in his golf cart while the other kids would ride along on their bikes. Because of his autism, Jake is unable to ride a conventional bicycle, and the foundation provided him with a three wheel bicycle.
Some of our current projects:
- We have just recently voted to buy a cochlear implant for Deja Moore.
- Also we recently decided to help Leigha Childress a Conway Middle school child who has luekemia. We don't yet know the full extent of our assistance, but currently we have purchased gas cards and Food Lion gift cards to assist in their immediate needs. The mother and child are at Duke Medical Center for at least 6 weeks and then will be in an apartment in Durham for at least another 6 months while she undergoes stem cell transplants. The father and younger brother are here at home trying to maintain normalcy through some very difficult circumstances.
There are many opportunities for us to make a difference in the lives of Horry County children, but in order to do so, we need your help. Please click here to see how you can donate to our worthy projects.
Visit the image gallery section for some additional pictures.